At Mind in Bexley and East Kent Mind, we wanted to keep you up to date with our plans due to COVID-19 and the recent government advice.
Firstly, we are absolutely committed to you, our clients/customers, and we will continue to support you in these unprecedented times. Our dedication to all our people, both our own and our clients, is paramount and we remain here to help.
We are making some modifications to our working practices to ensure the health and wellbeing of our people is at the forefront. Thank for our innovation and fantastic IT and senior management team, as from close of business tonight, we are decamping from our offices and outreach venues and all apart from our Crisis Café service are moving to a Work from Home first strategy. We believe we can continue to serve residents and Carers and be here for you, if not in person, certainly by video, email, telephone and messaging, continuing to stay in touch and conduct our business in all ways other than face-to-face. Our Crisis café will however remain open from 6pm-10pm every evening.
We are all going to need companionship in this unique situation, so do not hesitate to use us as a sounding board – now more than ever. We are all part of the same community and must support each other.
Please do get in touch with me directly if you wish; but I am sure your usual contacts across Mind will be looking forward to hearing from you – helping no matter how big or small your questions or concerns are. Please leave a message on 0208 303 8932 and you will receive a call back. Alternatively email the firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if a THANET resident and we will get back to you.
As ever, we are here for you and will continue to be here for you as this situation develops.
Dr David Palmer (PhD)
Welcome to East Kent Mind
East Kent Mind is an independent, charity providing quality outcome-based services to make a positive difference to the Mental Health of the people of East Kent which includes the Canterbury District and Thanet.
East Kent is affiliated to Mind in Bexley. Our charity is affiliated to National Mind but is run independently and has its own constitution and board of Trustees.
Who we Are
We’re Mind, the mental health charity. We’re here to make sure anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn to for advice and support.
Our purpose is to promote better mental health and wellbeing across East Kent including the Canterbury District and Thanet.
To promote the preservation and the safeguarding of mental health services and provide relief to those suffering from mental health disorders.
How We Do It
- Delivering services offering support focussed on individual needs through a Person Centred approach.
- Helping and supporting people to build resilience to improve and sustain their mental and physical wellbeing.
- Seeking funding to deliver a range of services to meet a variety of needs both short and long term.
- Developing better support for people who are at risk of self-harm and/or suicide.
- Assisting in the promotion, support and maintenance of good mental health in the community.
- East Kent April 2020 courses
- East Kent March 2020 courses
- Understanding Phobias Flyer March-April 2020
- Dealing with Anger 12th March and 7th April 2020
- Understanding Panic Attacks March-April 2020
- Food and Mood Flyer March-April 2020
- Relaxation March-April 2020
- Coping with Depression March-April 2020
- Emotional Intelligence March-April 2020
- Understanding Self-Harm March-April 2020
- East Kent UNI GARDEN Flyer
- Confidence and Self-Esteem Improvement March-April 2020
- Positive Thinking
- Coping with Anxiety & Stress MARCH-APRIL 2020
- Six Ways to Wellbeing March 2020
- Improving Sleep for Wellbeing March 2020
- March Mindfulness GENERIC Leaflet