Youth Suicide Prevention Awareness
- This three-and-a-half-hour session will help young people understand underlying issues that can cause suicidal thoughts and to recognise the signs that someone may be feeling suicidal early on.
- The course also provides people with the confidence to support vulnerable young people and reduce the risk of a suicide attempt being made.
- We also provide information about the other suicide support services which young people can access in Kent and Medway.
- In the Kent County Council and Medway Council areas this training is fully funded, so spaces are currently provided FREE of charge to anyone that wants to improve their knowledge and understanding of this very important subject – all with the aim of helping others. The training will be useful to anyone who may come across a young person (a child, a student, a relative, a member of the public or a stranger) who appears to be struggling with life. Outside of these areas a charge per group session delivered is applicable.
- Training can be provided in person or on Microsoft Teams.
If you are interested in booking or finding out more about any of our courses, please contact East Kent Mind at firstname.lastname@example.org