IF YOU ARE IN AN EMERGENCY CRISIS SITUATION WHERE YOUR LIFE OR ANOTHER’S LIFE IS THREATENED:
• You feel suicidal or in danger of harming yourself in any other way.
• You are worried that you may harm someone else
• You are worried that you are in immediate physical danger from someone else
Then there is help out there. Please see below:
When you feel unable to keep yourself (or others) safe and immediate help, CALL 999 or take yourself to your nearest hospital Accident and Emergency Department.
Don’t know what to do? Call 111. This is the NHS non-emergency service who can advise you
IN BOTH THE ABOVE CASES PLEASE REQUEST AN URGENT MENTAL HEALTH ASSESSMENT
If you do not think you are going to act on your feelings and thoughts immediately, or in the next 24 hours, or you have a crisis situation that does not fit the above examples, then:
• You can contact your GP surgery and make an urgent appointment
• You can also ring The Samaritans and talk with someone 24 hours a day on 116 123 free from a mobile
• SANEline offers emotional support and information for anyone affected by mental illness. Call on 0300 304 7000
• Papyrus: For under 35’s, or if you are concerned about a person under 35 . HOPELINE UK: 0800 068 4141 SMS: 07786 209697 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Silver Line: For older people. 0800 4708090
Call the police on 999 if you think you are a risk to yourselves or others.
For further advice and support:
24-hour National Domestic Violence Freephone Helpline: 0808 2000 247
For Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities, experiencing domestic violence:
Broken Rainbow UK Help line – 0300 999 5428 (Monday and Thursday 2pm – 8pm and Tuesday and Wednesday 10am – 5pm).
RESPECT PHONE LINE- HELPLINE FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE PERPETRATORS
Confidential information and advice to help perpetrators stop their violence and change their abusive behaviours; information for domestic violence perpetrator programmes.
Open: Monday – Friday 9am-5pm
Call 0808 802 4040 (free from landlines and most mobiles)
Text Relay – textphone users dial 18001 0808 802 4040
Telephone interpreting service available – If English is not your first language, call us and ask for an interpreter
IN A FINANCIAL CRISIS:
Citizen’s Advice Bureau