This two day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or Mind services
Who should attend this course?
This course is suitable for those who want to gain the necessary skills to have a non-judgemental conversation, recognise the signs and symptoms of common mental health issues and effectively guide a person towards the right support.
Please be aware that this course focuses on employees in the workplace and covers subjects that some people may find distressing, including suicide and self-harm. If an attendee feels overwhelmed they can leave the course at any time.
If you feel in advance that this subject may be too distressing for the attendee please do not book them on without first asking them whether they would feel comfortable attending.
If the attendee is unsure whether mental health first aid is right for them, please encourage them to contact us to discuss their concerns.
- Two day online course across four manageable sessions
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities
- Each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan
- We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
Everyone who completes the course will get:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
Please email email@example.com to register interest