Before you begin, we would really recommend setting up an online fundraising page on JustGiving. It doesn’t take long and is the easiest way to let people know you are fundraising for us, to collect donations or sponsorship and to get the money to us!
Just make sure when you create your fundraising page you select the charity ‘Mind in Bexley and East Kent’ to ensure funds go directly to support our work locally in East Kent. If you simply select ‘Mind’ the funds will not help East Kent. It must have all six words in the name.
Top tips on setting up your page:
- Make it personal – State why you have decided to support our charity. Tell your story, add photos. Keep it up to date, take people through your fundraising journey.
- Share – Let everyone know about your fundraising! Email your contacts, ask them to share your link, include on Facebook and Twitter and include on your website if you have one.
- Say thank you – write a personal ‘thank you’ that will automatically be sent to everyone when they donate
Not sure how to raise money? Do your research! See some fundraising ideas below or check out our Events and Challenges page for further ideas.
Talk about why you are doing it – When people know the purpose of raising money for us the more they will be likely to support you in your fundraising journey
Make a plan – Decide what you are going to do, your fundraising target and when you are going to do it.
Get in touch with us – Would you like support with your fundraising? Get in touch with our fundraiser
- Events or challenges
- Hold a cake sale
- Afternoon tea
- Bag packing for a local supermarket
- Do something new e.g. swimming
- Give something up e.g chocolate
- Quiz night
- Fancy dress party
- Fashion show
- Get others involved e.g. dress down day
What resources are there to help me?
Our fundraiser Simon Dolby will be on hand to support you with whatever you need.
We also have numerous resources available to support you with your fundraising this includes collection tins, stickers, pens, posters.
We can also provide leaflets to give out to the public or put on public noticeboards (with permission) which could help spread the word about our services available.
Contact us about your fundraising
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
East Kent Mind and Mind in Bexley are part of the same charity Mind in Bexley and East Kent and share this fundraising email.