2-Day Youth Mental Health First Aid Course
We are delighted to be providing a face-to-face 2-Day Youth Mental Health First Aid course in Faversham on the 29th and 30th of November.
This course is perfect for professionals who are working with young people, parents or carers who want to find out more about how to support their children, and anyone else with an interest in young people’s mental health.
This course will give you:
- An in-depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long-term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing
This course provides plenty of resources which you can take away with you, including:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Youth MHFAider®
- A Youth MHFAider® manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including some helpful tools to support your own mental health
- Access to Mid Kent Mind’s dedicated help inbox
- Information and signposting on local services in Kent and Medway
This session will be delivered in The Map Room at Macknade Fine Foods, Faversham (ME13 8XF) between 9:30am – 4pm.
There will be free parking available for participants on site. Participants will need to bring their own refreshments, and will also need to make sure they have lunch with them – although there is a cafe on site which you can make use of should you wish to.
We have a limited number of spaces available on this course, and spaces will be confirmed once payment has been received. To book your space, please complete the form found below.
If you are interested in booking a space on this training, please e-mail email@example.com