Breathing Space at East Kent Mind
Breathing Space is a community engagement project that primarily supports Orbit residents who are experiencing mental health issues. The focus is on mental well-being via support from recovery workers, and, where appropriate, fully-trained volunteers to enable people to build connections and enhance their own sense of well-being. Breathing Space’s ultimate goal is to support individuals to take control of their own lives and feel empowered to contribute to their community and society.
Who is eligible to access Breathing Space?
- Orbit residents aged 18 years+ and living in Thanet
Who can we help?
- Orbit residents experiencing low mood, anxiety or ‘just not feeling quite right’
- Individuals who are experiencing loss of any kind
- People whose metal health issues affect their day-to-day living
- Anyone experiencing social isolation with limited contact with friends, family or neighbours
How we help:
- Space and time to talk
- Advice and referrals to specialist services
- Volunteer mentors for personal goal setting and weekly support
- Individualised coaching sessions
Breathing Space at East Kent Mind is following government guidelines and advice, and will return to face-to-face support once deemed safe to do so.
Please complete the referral form
Call: 020 8303 8932 and press option 3
Text: 07951 497 382 with your name, contact details and postcode.
Anyone can complete this form to refer a resident, but please ensure you obtain their consent.
For further information about Orbit’s ‘Better Days’ Health and Wellbeing advice and support please click here and the referral form is here
Volunteer-flyer-Breathing-Space East Kent 2021